Harmony version of The Parting Glass

dmksails

Some other chord suggestions that I use when playing “Star of the County Down,” which is practically the same tune:

On the 3rd beat of measures 1, 5 and 13, an F chord. In measures 4 and 12, replace the G chord with E minor.

I don’t play Anglo, so if these chords are impractical, I apologize. But I like the way they sound.

14 minutes ago, David Barnert said:

Some other chord suggestions that I use when playing “Star of the County Down,” which is practically the same tune:

On the 3rd beat of measures 1, 5 and 13, an F chord. In measures 4 and 12, replace the G chord with E minor.

I don’t play Anglo, so if these chords are impractical, I apologize. But I like the way they sound.

It do sound like Star of the County Down don't it...

I haven't tried it on the infernal machine, but those extra chords sound OK when played back via EasyABC (on a Windoze machine 😎). Ta.

Edited by lachenal74693

On 2/2/2021 at 5:26 PM, dmksails said:

My Thanks for the pdf and great suggestions on chords!

My pleasure, all part of the service...😎.

I should have said that the PDF I sent was based on Lester Bailey's transcription in the 'Melodeon

Net Big ABC File'.

Also the PDF I posted does not have the modified chords as suggested by David Barnert. Here t'is. Also sans

bar numbers which I know some folks find distracting...

Edit: ABC code added...

Parting Glass, The.pdf

PartingGlass.abc

Edited by lachenal74693
ABC code added - which I should have done in the first place!

6 hours ago, lachenal74693 said:

I should have said that the PDF I sent was based on Lester Bailey's transcription in the 'Melodeon

Net Big ABC File'.

And I suppose I could add that my chords came from the recording of “Star of the County Down” on Yankee Ingenuity’s album, “Kitchen Junket” from the 1970s, where the chords are embedded in a 2nd fiddle part by Earl Gaddis.

I'm ever-so-slightly piggy-backing on dmksails OP - I apologise in advance!

Did anyone find the PDFs/ABC I posted useful? I see there have been a few downloads. I'd really appreciate

some feedback, it would help me develop the software I used.

I suggest responders use PMs to avoid clogging-up this thread...

Thank you.

Edited by lachenal74693