DIX REEDS

Piet

good day,

I am from South Africa

I try to order DIX concertina reeds from this company. www.harmonikas.cz   ( Harmonikas s.r.o ) TITLBACH REEDS

the reeds i try to order is for a standard CG pith Anglo German 40 button concertina. The thing is...I have to specify each read in each octave...I cannot read music so I cannot help him.

I need to specify each of the 80 reeds...and how many for each octave....Are there anyone that can help me....PLEASE.

Dix concertina reeds 3.png

Screenshot_1.png

6 hours ago, Piet said:

good day,

I am from South Africa

I try to order DIX concertina reeds from this company. www.harmonikas.cz   ( Harmonikas s.r.o ) TITLBACH REEDS

the reeds i try to order is for a standard CG pith Anglo German 40 button concertina. The thing is...I have to specify each read in each octave...I cannot read music so I cannot help him.

I need to specify each of the 80 reeds...and how many for each octave....Are there anyone that can help me....PLEASE.

Screenshot_1.png

I have a couple new sets of these reeds but mine are the standard 30 button Wheatstone layout.  Harmonikas knows which reeds you need for the 30 button Wheatstone layout but my guess is they are confused by the 40 button Anglos request as beyond the standard 30 button I’d guess the rest of the layout is dependent on the notes you need.  Are you making you own  instrument?  Why not just go with the standards 30 button?

Hi ..thanks for you feedback....

Yes that guy is very confused. I did send him a complete layout of the Wheatstone 40 key ..but he does not have a clue 

what I am talking about.

I play for more then 30 years now on a 40 button Anglo German....so to down scale to a 30 button is not going to work.

maybe you can help me to order from them..to get the correct order...If you dont mind you can mail me direct to pietvisser31@gmail.com

6 hours ago, Piet said:

good day,

I am from South Africa

Screenshot_1.png

They use the Italian system for knowing which reeds to make for you.  Here is the chart which has the number along with the note by octave. 

Accordion reeds table.pdf

Someone more knowledgeable may correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you'll need to provide them with a list of the reeds you need, by reed number (the row labeled ID). Unless someone already has this list handy, I can help you construct it. I had been meaning to get in touch anyway about the learning materials for Boer style you were offering, so I'll send you a private message.

This page has a layout diagram with the usual Wheatstone 40 button C/G layout, albeit missing the all-important octave numbers:

https://www.concertina.info/tina.faq/images/finger3.htm

If you go to this site:

https://virtualpiano.net/

When you click on each piano key, you will hear it played, and the corresponding note and octave is displayed in the top left.

So for example say you find middle C on the piano, it will tell you that is C4 (note C octave 4). Look that up in Seth's chart, and you will find that "NOTA C" in "4^OTTAVA" is ID number 15.

You'll also need to count up how many reeds you need with each ID number. On an Anglo there may be 1, 2, or 3 of each.

• Like 2