Seven Mount C/G....sold.

fiddleal

Looking to sell my Seven Mount C/G 30 Button Anglo.  I bought this instrument a few years ago (it's #36) and although it's a fine player, it's small for my hands.  Seven Mount is currently not taking any new orders but the price listed is about $4,200.  I'm asking $3,000. IMG_2047.thumb.jpg.fb29ac1a67a1c1c6263685379e9e9f51.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

Edited by fiddleal
sold

9 hours ago, Little John said:

Seven valleys, six ridges. Conventionally described as six-fold (though as another member has mentioned, that's not entirely logical ...).

Yes. It's not necessarily logical.  It is 7 folds if you count two half folds at either end 🙂

But all concertina websites I know would list this concertina as "6-fold" bellows.

Just like the year 2000 - most people say it is in the 21st century. But it is actually still in the 20th century, unless the very first year was 0000, not 0001.

15 hours ago, pentaprism said:

Yes. It's not necessarily logical.  It is 7 folds if you count two half folds at either end 🙂

But all concertina websites I know would list this concertina as "6-fold" bellows.

Just like the year 2000 - most people say it is in the 21st century. But it is actually still in the 20th century, unless the very first year was 0000, not 0001.

The paradoxical thing is that you could theoretically build a functional 0 fold 'bellow'.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure about the 'smaller' designation.  It measures 6" across the flats.  I'll leave the discussion regarding the number of folds to folks who know more than me....and there are quite a few.

The the button layout is Jeffries with the addition of a 'd' drone at the left thumb.

I'll be seventy years old this year and though I've had fun with the little I've been able to learn on this instrument, I think it deserves a better home where it will get played and enjoyed.  I'll stick with the fiddle and banjo and make the most of it.

• fiddleal changed the title to Seven Mount C/G....reduced price!
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Concertiny said:

. . . need to know if it is Jeffries or Wheatstone layout. (Why do so few listings ever mention the note layout?)

This one does! It's in the third post above yours.

5 hours ago, Concertiny said:

Interested in this if it is still for sale - but also need to know if it is Jeffries or Wheatstone layout. (Why do so few listings ever mention the note layout?)

It is jeffries.  Which was mentioned in one of the original posters post. I remember because I am a Wheatstone layout player or may have been interested.