keyboard shortcuts in EasyABC

Roger Hare

Sometimes, when typing a tune into EasyABC, I mishit a key and the text in the ABC window is

magically increased (or decreased) in size. This is actually useful at times, (and sometimes it

isn't).

Whatever, there would seem to be some keyboard shortcut to achieve this effect. I can't work

out what key combinations I have accidentally hit to get this result. I can't find any mention of

keyboard shortcuts in any of the EasyABC documentation I have seen.

Anyone have any ideas what these shortcuts are?

Thank you.

Could it be this one:

If you have a wheel mouse, keep the Ctrl key depressed, and scroll up or down, using the wheel in the mouse.

This should have the effect of changing the size of the displayed tune in the top right hand window.

It works in most MS Office applications too.

13 hours ago, John, Wexford said:

...If you have a wheel mouse, keep the Ctrl key depressed, and scroll up or down, using the wheel in the mouse...

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's not that - all my machines have a 'touchpad'
mouse located just in front of the actual keyboard. Ooh! it is irritating!

Edited by lachenal74693

19 hours ago, John, Wexford said:

...If you have a wheel mouse, keep the Ctrl key depressed, and scroll up or down, using the wheel in the mouse...

6 hours ago, lachenal74693 said:

...all my machines have a ‘touchpad’ mouse...

On a Mac with a touchpad, touching the pad with two fingers and sliding them forward or back has the same effect as turning the scroll wheel on a mouse. Perhaps your “lost chord” involved inadvertently brushing two fingers of one hand on the touchpad while pressing the Ctrl key with the other hand. My Mac is running OS 11, which is no longer compatible with EasyABC, so I can’t experiment.

David,

You beat me to it.

Ctrl + sliding two fingers on the touchpad is the same as pressing Ctrl and using the wheel, on a wheel mouse.

Here is a screenshot from Microsoft, which gives some other actions (or gestures) which can be performed with a touchpad:

image.png.29a7c5cfac8ee54ad0180dcd7ef9cc49.png