The fretwork reminds me of Jones too. But 7 buttons in a row looks unusual to me. In the photo above the 6th button has riveted action but 7th one (and air button) have hooked action. So this might be a result of a modification.

It does look a bit like a Jones but somewhat different. I had a look in the concertina museum collection but couldn't find anything matching the concertina on Ebay.

7 hours ago, Takayuki YAGI said:

The fretwork reminds me of Jones too. But 7 buttons in a row looks unusual to me. In the photo above the 6th button has riveted action but 7th one (and air button) have hooked action. So this might be a result of a modification.

Looking at the fretwork pattern, it appears that a few buttons have been added to both ends, as you say. Looks like a 30 button Anglo with additions!

From what I can see in the fretwork pictures, the levers in the main section of the ends are riveted action. That would suggest a better quality anglo but dreadfully abused!

An interesting project for whoever wins it.

Edited by Peter Smith
Additional info

It just happens that I own a 42 button Jones 'Perfect concertina' restored by Andrew Norman last year (& am thinking of selling it!). The concertina on Ebay measure 205mm across the face (flat to flat) according to the seller, whereas my Jones 42 button measures only 6.75 inches or 172mm across the flats. The fretwork is also quite different - see below.

If the Ebay anglo is that large across the face, could it be a baritone or bass?

Peter

21-01-12 Jones 42 button concertina.jpg

I would have assumed it was a Jones, too, as the fretwork seems similar to a number of their anglos. One of the rivet posts also has that keyhole shape that I've seen in Jones concertinas, but since this is a right Frankenstein, who knows whats original?

The amount it sold for in this condition makes me wonder if someone knows something we don't. This jeffries here has simpler fretwork, could it be some bonkers jeffries? Probably not, but one has to tick all the boxes.