My newest purchase

Monday this week it arrived, Clare concertina from the Irish concertina company. I can't express my happyness, although the second day I noticed with astonishment it had different button layout than what I was used to. I even wrote a complaint e-mail (stupid me­čść), but I was kindly told that such was the standard layout for a mid range concertina and a professional. Now I'm learning to play on it. In only few days I see I can gain a lot by playing a high quality concertina instead of what I have been playing from my beginnings in january 2020- from the cheapest china-made groanboxes and later McNeela Wren and Swan beginner's concertinas┬á(which I still dearly love).

image.thumb.png.3b27370cfac292f944a572a492452129.png

Edited by Gregor Marki─Ź
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Do I qualify as a concertina lover if there's more money in this picture than in my car? I had my old Wren and Swan tuned this week and it's a priceless feeling. To my much astonishment one of the reed in Swan totaly broke off┬á­čśČ

image.thumb.png.e5c208cd2292e2590c5b462b57aa7a6e.png

image.thumb.png.b83707610dfff9e85b6e17276e650a26.png

Edited by Gregor Marki─Ź
  • Like 1