Question Wheatstone 7E

StephenTx

G’day my Fellow Concertinist.

I am trying to interpret line 180 from the Horiman  Ledgers.   I do understand that it was Produced  December, 1955. But what is a 7E.  And what would be the overall quality of a concertina made during this. Any other information would be appreciated I have attached a picture. Looking forward to hearing from all your experts out there. Stephentx

AB155D95-A7AF-40FD-B65A-5C953175F423.jpeg

Edited by StephenTx

If  you go to  www.concertina.com   and  search  there for    Concertina Price lists, you will  find  these listed  under approximate  date periods,   they will explain  what  the  type  numbers  mean.  I  think  7E  refers  to  an  English  with  56 keys.

Overall  quality  of  Wheatstone  concertinas  from  the  1950's  hmmm, well,  I  would  not  want  one...

22 minutes ago, Geoff Wooff said:

If  you go to  www.concertina.com   and  search  there for    Concertina Price lists, you will  find  these listed  under approximate  date periods,   they will explain  what  the  type  numbers  mean.  I  think  7E  refers  to  an  English  with  56 keys.

Overall  quality  of  Wheatstone  concertinas  from  the  1950's  hmmm, well,  I  would  not  want  one...

I’m not planning on purchasing but I just found it interesting and I kind of knew that’s what you would say a guy has one for sale and it’s listed as a 7E But it’s showing as a 48 key