Is Niall Vallely's 2002 Mad for Trad Concertina Tutorial available anywhere?

cac

I haven't been able to find this 18-year old CD available for purchase anywhere on the internet.  Since I no longer use CD-players, I would actually prefer the contents of the CD copied off and put into a zipfile.  The Mad for Trad CDs actually use the default internet browser on one's computer to be viewed and listened to, so the CD itself isn't necessary, just its contents.  A long time ago I found the Mad for Trad tutor for Irish flute very useful when I was just starting out, and now I'm in a similar position but with the concertina.  Thanks, Chet

Thank you.  This looks like an attempt to mimic OAIM's 'business model' (unless it was first).  I would much prefer to purchase the CD rather have to brave the internet's variable signal strength in order to work on the tutorial.  Has anyone tried this system?

3 hours ago, cac said:

. . . rather have to brave the internet's variable signal strength in order to work on the tutorial.

Climbers were lined 100 deep through the Death Zone on Mt. Everest a couple of years ago, and I just viewed a video of a wingsuit flyer using a jet-pack. Attempting to learn from this tutorial might be the only reasonably unique thrill for a while. :D

8 hours ago, Daniel Hersh said:

Some possibilities: ...

http://www.crowvalleymusic.com/specialoffers.html

I know nothing about these vendors.

Well that one, Crow Valley Music, is Niall Vallely and Karan Casey's own website, whilst "the artist John B Vallely" it refers to is Niall's father, Brian Vallely, who (with his wife Eithne) founded the Armagh Pipers Club...

Many thanks to all for your quick replies.  I was able to purchase the CD from Niall and Karan's website and it should be on its way to me today.  From the sample lessons available at the website, I think it will be just as helpful to me as Seamus Egan's flute tutorial was when I started playing trad on the wooden flute years ago.