Sadler‘s Wells

57 minutes ago, wunks said:

What's the significance of the title....what's it about?

It’s an English Country Dance from 1726 (or 1728?) published in John Playford’s “The English Dancing Master.”

660px-TheDancingMaster-1stEd-TitlePage.p

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

SadlersWells.png

Edited to add: Noting the date discrepancy: The top picture is the front cover of the first edition, from 1651. Many more editions were published over the next 75 years, or so, by Playford’s descendants. “Sadler’s Wells” appeared in a 1728 edition.

Edited by David Barnert
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Don Taylor said:

Bravo! 

What instrument are you playing here?

thank you Don. very glad you like it 😊 - it had to be the TT this time, for the richer harmonies in the third run and - particularly the low D for the very last chord, to emphasize (or substantiate) the final resolution to major.

(and besides, it's another smartphone recording, again to my satisfaction soundwise)

best wishes - 🐺

Edited by Wolf Molkentin

1 minute ago, Geoff Wooff said:

The  sound is  strange, is it  reverb ?  Almost  sounds  like  you are playing under water  BUT.....    nicely  played Wolf !!

thanks a lot Geoff 😉 - and as to the sound, yes it's reverb (and a bit of EQ before), I was only able to listen through a smallish BT speaker, and maybe I went too far with that - I think I saved a "clean" version as well (just in case...) and might go back to it in the evening in order to edit it more restrainedly.

best wishes - 🐺