Types of Duet

Conzertino

Thank you for responding. I do not currently own a Duet, nor do I have a specific instrument in mind, I am curious about the different styles after reading about them being different, and I was wondering how you could tell them apart.

I have seen pictures of McCann concertinas, but I am not sure I have seen the others - hence the question.

Best regards

Rod

Rob - For example, the Crane system (which I play and would commend)  has  five buttons in each row - from top (thumbstrap) to bottom

(little finger.) Don't be confused by the " spare" right-hand air button,  operated bu your thumb ,used to  reverse direction of bellows travel.( Not used that often, because it is an unisonoric instrument i.e.: same note   when bellows are pushed or drawn.Also, my " best" instrument has seven-fold bellows which allows for very long, drawn-=out chords or note progressions

2 hours ago, Lakeman said:

For example, the Crane system (which I play and would commend)  has  five buttons in each row - from top (thumbstrap) to bottom

Cranes have thumbstraps?

3 hours ago, conzertino said:

Did you check www.concertina.com for details? 

3 hours ago, Rod Pearce said:

Thanks. I'll put it on the list

Start here: http://www.concertina.com/other-systems/index.htm It should tell you everything you are looking for.

David - oops, of course Cranes don't have thumb straps. Got carried away there.I meant the point at which the thumb is at the top "outside" the strap.Must be fiendish for people coming to all this for the first time..I have Jeffries-playing duet mates...now, they are brain-scrambling.