Swaledale Squeeze 2005

When/where is it to be held? :)

It is always in Swaledale in the UK. Mail to jedwards@wrenbeck.u-net.com for info. There are always some people from far away countries. It is in a Youth Hostel and this is situated in a very picturesque spot on a hill with a view over the dales. So besides the concertina playing great walking too. Wonderful atmosphere and a ceilidh on Saturday night.

Pauline

......Yep........I'll be representing Canada.

I organised a tour for the Toronto Morris Men last summer and we stayed in the hostel at Grinton (where the week-end is set) and had the BEST time imaginable, including a lock-in at the pub down the road.

I'm going to be collecting a new 4-voiced Frans VanderAa ADG accordion that week so that can be played by who-ever wishes.

Looking forward to meeting everyone there !!

Robin

• 3 weeks later...

As Swaledale's less than a couple of weeks away I thought I'd bump this topic back up to the top of the list :) Is anyone else from here coming for definite?

(edited for lack of proof-reading. Again...)

Edited by stuart estell

I have been asked to run a concertina clinic (repairs, problems & self help) on the Saturday afternoon,

so I will be there......... Bring out your dead, the suspect, the anoying.. the halt and the lame.

Or just rip an instrument apart for fun, stop watches and blind folds are provided by Jane E.

Dave E

I can't be there but wish you all well.

I do hope that someone will sing the "Swaledale Anthem" or "Song of the Swale" during the course of the weekend - one of my favourites which I learned through the Sheffield Carols.

Chorus goes:

"In that beautiful dale,

Home of the Swale

How well do I love thee, how well do I love thee

Beautiful dale, home of the swale

Beautiful, beautiful dale!"

If it is unknown I can point you in the direction of a recording "A Festival of Village Carols" published by Ian Russel under the "Village Carols" umbrella. Village Carols Website

The Home on the Swale 'carol'??? is included in the Worrall BLUE BOOK of carols, edition 2 published by the Worrall Male Voice Choir. The book (£6 plus P&P) contains Words and music for around 100 of the Sheffield local carol singing tradition. Its sold to promote the tradition and support the choir as a registered charity

Dave E

of the

(Worral male Voice Choir)

ps I can bring a few to Swaledale on the Saturday if anyone lets me know that they want copies

D

Edited by d.elliott

The Home on the Swale 'carol'??? is included in the Worrall BLUE BOOK of carols, edition 2 published by the Worrall Male Voice Choir.  The book (£6 plus P&P) contains Words and music for around 100 of the Sheffield local carol singing tradition. Its sold to promote the tradition and support the choir as a registered charity

Dave E

of the

(Worral male Voice Choir)

ps I can bring a few to Swaledale on the Saturday if anyone lets me know that they want copies

D

Oh, go on then, Dave!

Samantha

PS Does anyone think I should bring a French Horn, just for the fun of it??

<snipped>

Samantha

PS Does anyone think I should bring a French Horn, just for the fun of it??

Yes - and play it in the band for the ceilidh on Saturday night! (If you can play it in G and by ear, probably) All sorts of strange instruments there last year!

Nick