CD wanted "The Bunch of Keys" by Jason O'Rourke

A decade or (perhaps more) ago or so I forgot to lock my car and a visor sleeve holding a number of CDs were part of what was taken.  That was one of them.  I do remember thinking how disappointed the person was likely to have been as he or she attempted to listen to or sell the trad and children's folk music CDs that were there. 

I had downloaded them to my computer so I was not completely lost.

The album does appear to be available for download on Amazon music as well as Apple Music.  I'd encourage those of us who might be tempted to "share" or copy our CDs for others to only do so when they are no longer available for purchase.  Especially in the Covid days when many gigs have dried up, we should be supporting artists whenever we can. 

On 10/14/2020 at 2:17 PM, LateToTheGame said:

A decade or (perhaps more) ago or so I forgot to lock my car and a visor sleeve holding a number of CDs were part of what was taken.  That was one of them.  I do remember thinking how disappointed the person was likely to have been as he or she attempted to listen to or sell the trad and children's folk music CDs that were there. 

I had downloaded them to my computer so I was not completely lost.

The album does appear to be available for download on Amazon music as well as Apple Music.  I'd encourage those of us who might be tempted to "share" or copy our CDs for others to only do so when they are no longer available for purchase.  Especially in the Covid days when many gigs have dried up, we should be supporting artists whenever we can. 

So, I am wondering why you included your last paragraph in this post.  My original post was asking for a hard copy of the CD. I am fully aware that it is available for download.  Did you assume I might be asking someone to copy the CD. Are you implying that is what I wanted?  I guess I should have said "original" CD?

What you don't know is that before posting this request,  I contacted the original artist, Jason O'Rourke (I have played with him in Belfast and he is a Facebook friend) and asked him if he had a copy I could purchase. He did not have any.  I like to have the "original" CD for any liner notes and credits.  

Sorry for the rant.  I was upset that anyone would think that I, or Alex West would do such a thing.

Doug

On 10/16/2020 at 7:33 PM, Doug Barr said:

So, I am wondering why you included your last paragraph in this post.  My original post was asking for a hard copy of the CD. I am fully aware that it is available for download.  Did you assume I might be asking someone to copy the CD. Are you implying that is what I wanted?  I guess I should have said "original" CD?

What you don't know is that before posting this request,  I contacted the original artist, Jason O'Rourke (I have played with him in Belfast and he is a Facebook friend) and asked him if he had a copy I could purchase. He did not have any.  I like to have the "original" CD for any liner notes and credits.  

Sorry for the rant.  I was upset that anyone would think that I, or Alex West would do such a thing.

Doug

No offense intended.  It's just sometimes we want to be nice to our friends and forget it is not so nice to the artists.  I used to do it without thinking myself. It was a general blanket statement I do toss out to the universe periodically.  I didn't mean to single you out specifically.  I'm sorry if I offended you.  I don't know you guys so I wasn't as clued in to how aware of this concern you obviously are.

If you want I can scan the liner notes for you.  I am sure I have the jewel box somewhere.  I'd assume that would not be a problem for any artist of an out of print but available for download album, but we could always check. 

Again sorry I offended.