56 button Wheatstone on Ebay this week...???

robert stewart

44 minutes ago, Geoff Wooff said:

The only  thing I  can  point out is in the text.    Steve  Dickinson  was  not  living in   Thornham Magna  in 1975  so  I'd think this  instrument  dates  from  the  early  1980's.

A  Tennor Treble  by the looks of it...  very  nice  too.

I believe the Thornam Magna address predated the current Stowmarket address. I do not know when the move happened.

"In 1975 Steve Dickinson resurrected the company and re-started production with concertinas beginning with serial #60000. This Original 1975 Wheatstone Concertina in this auction is number 60088."

This suggests that Steve Dickinson produced at least 89 new instruments in 1975, which seems on the high side. Does anyone here have a record of the annual production rate from 1975?

60088 was probably later than 1975.

I own no.60095, which I purchased as new in 1989, though that was from Brian Hayden, not directly from Steve Dickinson.

Edited by John Wild
typing correction.

Possibly the TO is puzzled about the seemingly missing backgrounds in some of the photos? It is my understanding, however, that these effects can be created by professional or semi professional photographers employing lighting techniques.

14 hours ago, John Wild said:

"In 1975 Steve Dickinson resurrected the company and re-started production with concertinas beginning with serial #60000. This Original 1975 Wheatstone Concertina in this auction is number 60088."

This suggests that Steve Dickinson produced at least 89 new instruments in 1975, which seems on the high side. Does anyone here have a record of the annual production rate from 1975?

60088 was probably later than 1975.

I own no.60095, which I purchased as new in 1989, though that was from Brian Hayden, not directly from Steve Dickinson.

I have 60082, a Hayden, and also previously owned by Brian. I was told it was built in the mid 1980s. Clearly the seller is either mistaken or mistyped. The instrument in question was not built in 1975.

12 hours ago, David Barnert said:

I have 60082, a Hayden, and also previously owned by Brian. I was told it was built in the mid 1980s. Clearly the seller is either mistaken or mistyped. The instrument in question was not built in 1975.

I was told mine was the last of a batch of 10 which Brian ordered from Steve Dickinson.