The Partisan

soloduet

Thank you David! Dan had already recorded his own video that he sent to me, I added a concertina part on another video while listening to his file and he managed to synchronize the 2 videos with iMovie. It would be better if we could record it at the same time but maybe also more difficult...

On 9/11/2020 at 7:42 AM, David Colpitts said:

Did you use modern collaboration platform, or editing, or??

18 hours ago, soloduet said:

Dan had already recorded his own video that he sent to me, I added a concertina part on another video while listening to his file and he managed to synchronize the 2 videos with iMovie.

You could tell it must be something like that because Dan isn’t wearing any listening device.

Nice job. Do you ever accompany your own singing on the concertina?

The three of us on this page, so far, will be together on Zoom (plus Doug Hurlbert) in two weeks for the Hayden Round Robin.

9 hours ago, David Barnert said:

You could tell it must be something like that because Dan isn’t wearing any listening device.

Nice job. Do you ever accompany your own singing on the concertina?

The three of us on this page, so far, will be together on Zoom (plus Doug Hurlbert) in two weeks for the Hayden Round Robin.

And looking forward to it!

On 9/13/2020 at 4:11 AM, David Barnert said:

Do you ever accompany your own singing on the concertina?

Hi David(s),

I began to play music instruments just because I couldn't sing. Voice is the best instrument and there are many musicians accompanying their own singing very nicely with different kind of concertinas, but I think that if I could accompany my singing I would have chosen an instrument more different to the human voice, with non sustained and more percussive sounds like guitar or piano, because the concertina sound is quite close to the human voice.

Looking forward to meeting you on Zoom and I hope that it will works well,

Didie 

On 9/15/2020 at 4:42 AM, soloduet said:

Hi Didie,

Thank you for the great playing and also for listing the composers of the song—Anna Marly and Emmanuel d'Astier de la Vigerie. I had known of The Partisan since hearing the Leonard Cohen recording so many years ago. But that recording did not list a composer of the song. I looked up the history of the song and the backgrounds of the composers. Very talented and courageous people!

Best wishes,

Jim