Digitizing [Concertina] International CDs?

Geoff W.

I just took delivery of my Anglo International 3-disc set from the UK and am excited about listening to it.... once I procure an external CD-drive and get it onto my computer :)

Has there ever been any discussion of digitizing the various other "International" CDs? I know there's at least English International out there, right? It'd make the material much more accessible, and possibly there is a way to do it while still allowing the powers that be to get some money for it.

“Anglo International” and “English International” are the only ones that came to fruition. “Duet International” was in the works but never materialized.

But what you are suggesting violates intellectual property law. Many of the recordings are not in the public domain. Graham paid for the recording sessions and owns the material.

I have been in contact with Graham, who graciously allowed me to include SoundCloud excerpts of John Watcham's playing from Anglo International via scannable QR codes in The Anglo Concertina Music of John Watcham.

And yes, I suggested he look into some of the print-on-demand or download-on-demand services for this recording as well as for English and Duet International. He has all the digital files, so it's just a matter of him having the interest and taking the time to find the best way to make them available for download. His initial impression is the market is pretty much played out, but if there were an easy way to set up download sales I think he could be convinced to give it a try.

Gary

Well, I have a feeling a number of folks might buy second copies just so they can have something to play on their non-disc devices!

www.bandcamp.com is popular with indie artists, and pays out about 80-85% to the artist, per their own literature. I'm sure there are relatively painless ways to get it on venues such as the Apple store, etc -- it's been 15 years since the CD came out and I'm sure there are plenty of newer players (like myself) that would love a go at listening to these great collections.

I can go beat the drum if Graham needs to see that people would actually be interested in this. 

I guess the question begs the answer of this forum, as well - would anyone here want to get a digital mp3/etc version of the International CDs?

• 1 month later...