Official Loony Campaign Song

stuart estell

Ladies and gentlemen,

Far be it from me to do any overt electioneering here, but as most people here probably already know, I run the Official Monster Raving Loony Party website, and thought at least some of you might find this amusing. :D

In keeping with the main parties having election anthems, the Official Monster Raving Loony Party now has one too... I've done all the editing and electronic stuff for it, while the vocal (and lyrics) were provided by our candidate for Croydon, John Cartwright, aka Colonel Cocoa-Bean, who is our very eccentric indeed shadow minister for chocolate.

Downloadable from here if you want a laugh...

http://omrlp.brinkster.net/ElectionAnthem2005.asp

<here ends the party political broadcast>

Edited by stuart estell

I've done all the editing and electronic stuff for it, while the vocal (and lyrics) were provided by our candidate for Croydon, John Cartwright, aka Colonel Cocoa-Bean, who is our very eccentric indeed shadow minister for chocolate.

Nice electronic stuff Stuart. But the melody is very very eccentric indeed :o :huh:

Edited by Henk van Aalten

Hey, I like it! :)

It's 2:09 AM here but I'm at the computer because I've been working on my website. It's still quite pathetic and needs a lot of work. I don't know enough about using HTML to do that right, so I'll have to use the good old Page Builder....

drinking to much coffee right now.

So, Stuart, I like that sort of...um, either off-key or bi-tonal-key sound, that sort of 'sideways' sound.

Since I recently heard of, and heard some of, them, I'm wondering if you've ever heard Viva Voce. They have a website with a movie and sound clips...vivavoce.com, I think. (There's at least one of those strange-key sounding things.)

I recently heard my daughter's band play somewhere and, though I couldn't stay late enough to hear Viva Voce, I did listen at their website.

Edited to add:

There were 3 bands, I'll add, and the one I didn't yet mention actually had an accordion player. She didn't really play it a whole lot but...hey, it's worth mentioning!!! (Maybe next time they'll see the light and have a concertina player.)

Edited by bellowbelle

So, Stuart, I like that sort of...um, either off-key or bi-tonal-key sound, that sort of 'sideways' sound. 

Weird, isn't it, there's something strangely compelling about the way John sings. I thought about repitching it so that it was all properly in tune with the backing, but then decided to leave it as it is. Far sillier. :D

For what it's worth, he can also sing the whole song backwards (phonetically) and can sing the national anthem of pretty much every country you've heard of...

And he speaks Esperanto.

May I just say I approve of OMRLP policy on tapirs.

When I was a student, our college adopted a tapir at the Cotswold Wildlife Park, and my sister made me a cuddly tapir in the colours of the college scarf - puce and white. We called it Hugh Mungus.

Unfortunately you have no candidates in my constituency. It could possibly be said that our sitting Conservative MP (a refreshingly endangered species in recent elections), whose views are somewhere to the right of David Blunkett, is at least monstrous, but I'm not voting for her. It won't make any difference though.

• 4 weeks later...

:P Wow ! The Official Monster Raving Loony Party....

And the biggest joke concerning the Official Monster Raving loony Party is that they probably won the last two elections without even realising it.

Personally, I hope they do really well.

Phil

:P Wow ! The Official Monster Raving Loony Party....

And the biggest joke concerning the Official Monster Raving loony Party is that they probably won the last two elections without even realising it.

Personally, I hope they do really well.

Phil

Just how did the "Flying pasty" do yesterday?