Pinkies slipping

StephenTx

Hello Experts,  another problem I am having is my Little fingers keep slipping on the pinky rest. As they are so slippery. Does anyone have anySolutions to this. I was contemplating getting double stack foam tape and put it on the rests. Thank you Stephen

Edited by StephenTx

I  could be  facetious  and  suggest  using your  little fingers to  play  notes  but  I think it would be more helpful     to  say remove the pinky  rests  or  just  put  those fingers on the  fretwork  ends  until  they are needed to  press keys.  

I  always  thought I  used them  until  someone asked me  what  those little  brackets  were for  and  after  I  explained  they  said  "  but you  are not  using them, I've been watching you".  Well, I  do  and  I  don't.  So  If  your fingers  slip  on the metal  you could  try  sticking some material on them,  early  concertinas  often  had  them  covered with thin leather  and  David Eliot  describes how to   re-cover  them  in  his book  on concertina  maintenance .

Edited by Geoff Wooff

5 hours ago, Geoff Wooff said:

I  could be  facetious  and  suggest  using your  little fingers to  play  notes  but  I think it would be more helpful     to  say remove the pinky  rests  or  just  put  those fingers on the  fretwork  ends  until  they are needed to  press keys.  

I  always  thought I  used them  until  someone asked me  what  those little  brackets  were for  and  after  I  explained  they  said  "  but you  are not  using them, I've been watching you".  Well, I  do  and  I  don't.  So  If  your fingers  slip  on the metal  you could  try  sticking some material on them,  early  concertinas  often  had  them  covered with thin leather  and  David Eliot  describes how to   re-cover  them  in  his book  on concertina  maintenance .

Thank Geoff