Hayden vs. Wicky keyboard advice/opinions?

Jim. Not intended to be the opposite to nothing?. Just trying yo find the system that would benefict my requirements. With the great luck Alex could do the job!!!

@David Barnert  David  , Still getting used to the new keyboard...the muscle memory developed to the Stagi still does Crash against the Hayden arrangement. But planning to make an specific recording soon. A propos... Very Happy because I favoured the Eb (as you once suggested) against the D#...

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 4:10 AM, Luke Hillman said:

Thanks everyone.

@dabbler—I hadn't noticed that the Beaumont doesn't have the slant. I think it'll be easy enough for me to track down one of those and give it a test drive.

@alex_holden, that is a pretty box. I was actually just musing on the possibility of adding thumb loops to my Anglo to make it easier to play standing up, and I feel validated to know at least one other person has done it! Also enjoyed reading about your process for creating the raised ends. And I actually used the same ferric chloride etching process in one of my (alas, non-concertina) projects: pic1 pic2

Luke, is funny to me to test the several holding options Holden #7 does offer:

- Only using the thumbstrap. I can play..., but as I need my pinky free to play, I get lost in the keyboard.

- Only using the wrist strap. I do lost bellows control.

- thumb+ wrist strap. Ok to me.

- Neither thumb nor wrist straps~Contemplative music. No sound...no mistakes ?

...nice keyboards?

On 8/26/2020 at 2:04 AM, alex_holden said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEJU5KsKctF/

If you pause the video in the right places you can see the hand position relative to the keys.

OK, Isel, I have to know: How did you film this video? I see no ear phones, no eyes watching a silent metronome, no watch that might transmit a tactile pulse, and yet you held the same beat every time you recorded yourself. I understand how all the images could be combined, but how did you keep the beat?

On 8/27/2020 at 7:26 PM, David Barnert said:
On 8/26/2020 at 8:04 AM, alex_holden said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEJU5KsKctF/

If you pause the video in the right places you can see the hand position relative to the keys.

OK, Isel, I have to know: How did you film this video? I

David, all videos were recorded with the phone camera. I used my small Notebook (It has decent speakers) to hear the whole audio mix ( recorded separately) whiles playing simultaneously during the video recordings. As the performance is very short, I think was not very difficult to reproduce almost exactly  fingering used during audio recordings.

Of course...there are some mismatch... That are not very evident?.

Unfortunately,  audios were not caught succesfully by my phone during the video recordings. Thus I couldn't use the powerfull synchro utility in Davinci Resolve, and I had to make the synchro manually ( so...again...minor flaws...). 

Other performance I put on IG was made  with  audios that were caught during video recordings. Indeed, that time I did use ear phones.

• Like 1