Old German concertina offered for spares

This German concertina was in my late husband's family for around 100 years. Purchased from Guests in Exeter. Sadly, it now has no buttons and I think is not ecomic to repair. I am hoping that it might provide spare parts for someone who is repairing similar models. I am in Manchester, UK and can post at cost. 

20200803_140030.jpg

20200803_171426.jpg

• 5 months later...

Any chance you still have this?  I really need one of these to repair my great grandfather's concertina!  He rose from a lowly deckhand to being chief coastguard for the Dover station.  His box has been played to death so I'm looking forward to hearing it.  The reed plates are in a bad way and I need some as donors.  

On 8/3/2020 at 10:18 PM, LesleyH said:

This German concertina was in my late husband's family for around 100 years. Purchased from Guests in Exeter. Sadly, it now has no buttons and I think is not ecomic to repair. I am hoping that it might provide spare parts for someone who is repairing similar models. I am in Manchester, UK and can post at cost. 

20200803_140030.jpg

20200803_171426.jpg

I guess, thjs one is not avalable any more.

Neverthelless please confirm.

I am rpairng old German Concertinas, and I could wel use your spares.

If any body hs to offer smeting like tis, plese inform to my mail addrss bamboomotion@gmx.de

Thanks

JD

13 hours ago, JoachimDelp said:

I guess, thjs one is not avalable any more.

Neverthelless please confirm.

I am rpairng old German Concertinas, and I could wel use your spares.

If any body hs to offer smeting like tis, plese inform to my mail addrss bamboomotion@gmx.de

Thanks

JD

I'm sorry but it is me that wants the spares!  Please do not use my thread to promote your own interests.  I am looking for some reed plates to repair my great grandfather's concertina so if you have some I would be interested in acquiring them.

Ha, ha, I was thinking the same thing, break this up for spares?

No way!  :) 

-me too, I’m looking for an exclusive relationship with a concertina (English though). 

With this one it might be more productive to look for just one button etc. to get an idea of what needs to be copied to renovate it. 

Edited by simon ds

2 hours ago, simon ds said:

Ha, ha, I was thinking the same thing, break this up for spares?

No way!  :) 

-me too, I’m looking for an exclusive relationship with a concertina (English though). 

With this one it might be more productive to look for just one button etc. to get an idea of what needs to be copied to renovate it. 

In my (limited) experience these German boxes are often beyond hope as they were badly made (brass springs that break easily, thin wood pans that crack, leaky bellows etc),  and have poor reeds.  I wouldn't mind betting that that instrument has a lot more wrong with it than just missing buttons.  I'm only trying to repair mine as it has a history in our family.