I'd like to inquire about selling a Concertina

Son_of_Leo

HI!

My name is John and as my profile name states, I am "The Son of Leo".  Contextually, my father was very active on this forum about 8 years ago until his passing and I created a profile to say thanks and give some updates as to why my father hadn't been active (really great seeing how much you lot liked him!).

8 years later, I have finally gotten down to the final bit of memorabilia of my fathers (he was into a LOT of things...), and that is his Concertina.  I've sat on it (metaphorically), looked at it (literally!). tried (and failed) to play it (I like modular synthesizers!), put it in a closet and let it sit there while I figured out what to do with it.

I've realized that as the natural, biological dust cover grows on the box this is not an avenue I really wish to pursue in life -- it's just not within my skillset!  That being said:  It's a buttonbox.com concertina, I have no idea what to do with it, or where I should part with it or anything about it really!  I trust that everyone here is a good natured sort and if anyone tried to steer my wrong, you all would call them out on it!

As far as selling musical instruments go, I am active on Reverb (though lately they've been buggering me with their recent policy changes, and can direct you my page if you're concerned with my credibility.  I'm happy to supply pics and as much information as I can, but all in all I am looking to find this a new home cause instruments ought be played, not displayed ?

Thanks in advance!

_john (aka "son of Leo")

I  cannot  see why  you should  not  put a  ' for sale'  advert  on here,  with  pictures and    any  information  you have.  Many  people have  offered   their  inherited  concertinas  for  sale  on this  forum... perhaps the  audience  here is  not  huge  but certainly  very interested  in the  subject.

Personally  I  have  bought and sold  several  concertinas  successfully through this  forum.

Good luck,

Geoff Wooff.

• Thanks 1

John,

We do remember your father - he had been a commercial jet pilot, right? Good to meet you, however briefly. I am in/near Pittsburgh myself, if you need any input (or a lesson - never too late! 8o).

Ken

Edited to add a PS: If you decide to sell and succeed in selling through C.net, a modest donation would be greatly appreciated - see the pinned thread near the top of the Buy and Sell forum.

1 minute ago, Ken_Coles said:

John,

We do remember your father - he had been a commercial jet pilot, right? Good to meet you, however briefly. I am in/near Pittsburgh myself, if you need any input (or a lesson - never too late! 8o).

Ken

LOL -- I would but I've got so many other things going on, plus I'm into Eurorack Modular (talk about about a time / money suck!)

And yes, that was my father -- can't believe its been 8 years already since he passed!  I am glad to see this place is still active, he really admired you lot for your dedication to the craft!

I'm pretty convicted on passing this on tho;  I had it stored in my studio room, and I have a rule that if I don't reach for something, I probably shouldn't have it.  This is great for certain but this was a tail end of his life memory for me, and something he had only picked up a few years before he passed, so I have loads of other things that I remember him by!

I just want it to go to a good home, and get a fair price out of it!

1 minute ago, Ken_Coles said:

And if I recall correctly, Leo had a Morse Albion concertina. Doug Creighton at the buttonbox.com still makes them and could tell you what a used one should go for.

Ken

Yea, looks about right (I'm astounded you remember that)!  His is black though.  I've squeezed it a few times, and... well... yea, I have zero talent for it X^D

I did manage a major scale, so that was rad!