Glue for leather on bellows.

Hi, this is my first post although I've been a lurker for quite a while. 

So I've had my Blackthorn for just under a year. It's a great beginner concertina and I am getting on well with it. But I've just noticed the leather on the bellows is starting to peel ever so slightly on the join. 

How shall I glue this back down? Is there anything specific you would recommend? I dont want it to end up becoming an air leak or anything of that sort.

20200728_184227.jpg

Edited by Karl Merrick

Karl

I am not familiar with the Blackthorn construction, but generally the leather would either be glued with hide glue or PVA.

Given the minor extent of the leather coming away, I would suggest you put a small bead of white PVA glue into the gap and press it down to fix it. It should dry in an hour or so. Try not to get any surplus glue onto the outside of the leather, but if you do it can be removed immediately using a damp cloth or paper towel.

Rod

• Thanks 1

Thanks Rod. PVA glues was my initial thought but I thought I would just run it by people more knowledgeable than myself. It is very minor but I dont want to leave it and let it get worse. Or attempt a repair, use the wrong glue and damage it. I know bellows can be fragile and expensive things.