Read Tuned Up A Whole Octave?

I got a double reed concertina, tremolo-tuned, and wonder if one of the reeds can be tuned up an octave.

What do you think?

thank you,

Misha.

P.S. Any info on Edmund Rachner and his Bandonion und Konzertina Fabrik would be curious to discover, as well.

I got a double reed concertina, tremolo-tuned, and wonder if one of the reeds can be tuned up an octave.

If you try to tune a reed up that much, you will destroy it, and in all probability the reeds are mounted on long plates with ten or more reeds on them, rather than individually, so you may have to accept it as whatever it is ...

P.S. Any info on Edmund Rachner and his Bandonion und Konzertina Fabrik would be curious to discover, as well.

There is a website here that lists German concertina/Bandonion makers. Edmund Rachner's "Westdeutsches Bandonionwerk" is at number 268 on the list, as a maker of Bandonions, Konzertinas and a music publisher, at Kaiserplatz 12, Gelsenkirchen in Westphalia, around 1900.

does it make sense to tune both plates dry instead, how will it be different from single reed sound? Tremolo bothers me a bit.
A dry tremolo is still a tremolo, just not as pronounced. Some people prefer it over a wetter sound. Others prefer the Bronx cheer effect.

If you don't want tremolo at all, just get rid of it. Either tune it in unison or put some tape (better a strip of leather held down with staples or tacks) on the ones you don't want to sound. There doesn't seem to be much (if any!) of a volume difference between one and two reeds in unison. Strange. I don't know why - or maybe I just can't tell the volume difference. I haven't used a tool to measure such.

What do you think?

thank you,

Misha.

Are you thinking of something like a cajun sound. That is a very interesting thought. You would probably need to replace the reed plate though.

Bandonion sound would be cool, but I see that retuning up by that much is too much. May be tuning down, by adding weights is possible(I tuned plenty of reeds, but never by such drastic intervals.) Tuning down, though, would not be too useful on the trebble side(that's the one I'd like to adjust).