Tune from a Spongebob Meme on Twitter

Geoff W.

I love it so much I had to learn it immediately. Of course it will take me some more practice to perfect it, but nevertheless- I'm very happy with this first siplest arrangement:

In the attachment bellow- the original. Listen to it and in the very last second it gives away- the tune has been played on accordion- the passage with the finger sweeping over the keyboard- it's obvious.

Hello sailor.mp3

• Like 4

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 8:55 AM, Gregor Markič said:

I love it so much I had to learn it immediately. Of course it will take me some more practice to perfect it, but nevertheless- I'm very happy with this first siplest arrangement:

Hi Gregor,

if my ear serves me right, I am inclined to suggest that you practice this against a metronome. The first part sounds about right, but in the second part I believe you lose the rhythm a few times. It appears to be rather tricky so without discipline it's very easy to lose the steady beat.

Apologies if this should be a wrong assessment (I'm currently not at home so all I can do is tap out your video against the mp3 file you linked).

Thanks RAc

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RAc said:

Hi Gregor,

if my ear serves me right, I am inclined to suggest that you practice this against a metronome. The first part sounds about right, but in the second part I believe you lose the rhythm a few times. It appears to be rather tricky so without discipline it's very easy to lose the steady beat.

Apologies if this should be a wrong assessment (I'm currently not at home so all I can do is tap out your video against the mp3 file you linked).

Thanks RAc

RAc, your right, I lose rhythm when my technique is insufficient. See my second recording. You must agree I'm getting better :-). The discipline works, you nailed it. One more thing- today this Wren concertina from McNeela was shipped to my door and this is the first tune I played on it. I find the instrument a decent "work horse" for someone who wants to learn. The Swan concertina from my upper video- I sent it today to Ireland to be repaired ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really know how to use Musescore well yet but this is pretty accurate. The chords could use some review and comment, and I haven't quite gotten the walking chords in the first part yet, but the melody is there.

Hello_Sailor_(b)-1.thumb.png.8f8546d9882b29d46f9c6f9f06f7c9de.png

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 8:52 PM, Geoff W. said:

Anyone recognize the tune in this meme here? The high notes sound concertina-esque but the low notes sound like an accordion, so I can't tell what it's being played on.

just stumbled over your post - I reckon you're right: it's (Anglo) concertina and Melodeon, most likely both played by the talented Mr Brian Peters 🙂