Anglo Concertina Players Anonymous meetup on Zoom on July 11, 2020

Happening this coming Saturday, July 11th 2020  at 12 PM Pacific time (8 PM UK)!

Casual meet-up on Zoom to chat about all things related to the Anglo Concertina.

Possible topics include playing technique, ornamentation, ergonomics, tunes, maintenance, challenges.

Not meant as a teaching event specifically, but you never know!

Please feel free to invite anyone else who might enjoy the discussion!

Here’s the Zoom meeting info:

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/6193681854?pwd=eXd3L2ZEeWNnMDBZYVI0RkJ2c3Vudz09

Meeting ID: 619 368 1854
Password: session

Edited by eskin
Time change

I've moved the event to one hour earlier. Now starting at 12 PM Pacific (8 PM UK) time.   There was another event that previously was going on before this one, so I was trying to avoid a conflict so players could attend both. That other event has been cancelled so I've moved this event back one hour.

Special thanks to Michael for setting this up - it was great to see so many folks from across the globe, many of whom I only knew by reputation or via email.

Some old hands and some new faces, plus nice to see so many instruments including the insides of Howard Mitchell's bass Anglo.

And, by fortunate coincidence I was able to give everyone a sneak peak at Seth Hamon's new mini-anglo which is still in prototype development, as well as show a proof copy of the new John Watcham book which will be out very soon.

Maybe next time everyone should introduce themselves by playing a tune or telling a good concertina story - that would be fun!

Gary