Metal Concertina buttons

Bill Crossland

This is a set of solid metal buttons (48 buttons weigh 132g) that appear to have been turned on a lathe from a solid bar, possibly stainless steel. 

They are very well made and polished, and the cross button bushing holes have been properly flared to ease the fitting of the bushing and allow the button to move properly on the lever arm.

They are all bushed and have the felt washer on the bottom and have not been used - they have come from a partially repaired Wheatstone instrument which I acquired, and I replaced these new buttons with some genuine Wheatstone wooden centred metal buttons, 

Exact dimensions are shown on the pdf, but they are approximately 5mm diameter with a 2mm diameter guide pin on the bottom. They are 24mm total length, of which the pin length is 5.5mm. The lever hole is 2.85mm diameter.

They have a slight dome on the top and would make an excellent replacement set for an English concertina or an upgrade for a bone buttoned instrument. 

I will include some extra felt washers and bushing felt for the cross bushings. Price £48 plus postage depending on where you are!

IMG_20200603_193626.jpg

Concertina button.pdf