Anglo Lachenal metal-ended concertina for sale

CrP

By way of a notice, not a recommendation (since I lack any first-hand knowledge of the instrument) --  the Skinner Auction house in Boston, Mass has a bone-button anglo for sale, labelled " Lachenal & Co., London, c. 1910, serial no. 130621" The only photo I could see showed 16 buttons + air button on the RH side. Might be worth looking into:

https://skinnerlive.auctionserver.net/view-auctions/catalog/id/580/lot/238280/?url=%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F580%3Fpage%3D1%26key%3DAndy%2BGoessling%26cat%3D%26xclosed%3Dno

3 hours ago, Clive Thorne said:

Estimated at 200-300 dollars! Shurely some mishtake (Sic)

Auctioneers estimates don't mean much. They can be more a reflection of the auctioneer's (and/or his client's) ignorance of what he's selling, or an indication that there is no "reserve" price on an item - which is how I'd take this one. A high estimate, on the other hand, would tend to suggest that there'd be a high "reserve" price, below which the lot could not be sold...

• 3 weeks later...

Bidding ended at only 300$. Guess I should figure out/ask about the shipping process. Years ago on ebay I got the same model for around 1100$ and considered that the going price.