Beware Old Gray Paolo Soprani on ebay

Just appeared on ebay today https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174326256494

I've found a thread on thesession.org with examples of the same punctuation errors in the description:

"This accordion is an early 1950 ,s probably 1950-1952., Overall condition is fairly good for its age .The tuning is BC ,The body of the box is complete,and as far as I can see, free of woodworm The bellows are still remarkably good for their age"

Google image search finds the same first image on two old listings on Gumtree.

Beware

Edited by Theo

16 hours ago, Theo said:

Just appeared on ebay today https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174326256494 etc...

I'd already seen your post (and others) about this one on melodeon.net. I think

you and your fellow 'detectives' do a great job spotting these frauds, and alerting

the community to them. Thank you.

Edited by lachenal74693

Thank you.

This one was particularly difficult to spot. It has none of the external links offering to buy outside of eBay,  nor a long list of other high vale items from the same seller.  It just seemed too good to be true, and when google turned up the same text and images that confirmed it.  I’ve reported it to eBay, but they’ve done nothing yet. 

The more people who report it the better.

On 6/24/2020 at 8:11 AM, Theo said:

This one was particularly difficult to spot. It has none of the external links offering to buy outside of eBay,  nor a long list of other high value items from the same seller.  It just seemed too good to be true, and when google turned up the same text and images that confirmed it.

I see he has a Gretsch guitar listed now as well: 57 Gretsch Silver jet 6129 Beautiful Sound Great Shape!

But the title and wording of that have also been cloned, and the photo has been on the internet since (at least) March 2009... 

These auctions should be avoided with the proverbial bargepole!