Cindy & Jody: Tunes in the Key of JamKazam, Sunday 3:30pm EDT

Looking forward to presenting our show for you on Sunday June 21 at 3:30 pm (UK time 8:30 pm).

We will be streaming our live duet concert via YouTube for your listening and viewing pleasure.

Here's the link:

Never mind the odd graphic. A story best untold.

Cindy Harris is a master of the autoharp which sounds so melodious in combination with my concertina playing. Expect jigs, reels, polkas and a few songs all played live, in the key of JamKazam.

See you Sunday!

Edited by Jody Kruskal
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, David Barnert said:

All I get is eight and a half minutes of sound checks

Yep.  Technical problems!  I got the same, except barely audible.  I've already contacted Jody about it, privately.

Let's hope they can figure out what went wrong and try again.

2 hours ago, JimR said:

Odd, I get

NUL

If the owner of this video has granted you access, please sign in.

Here you go:

I found it (fortunately in time to hear it live) by searching youtube for “Cindy Harris Autoharp.”

Edited by David Barnert

No denying it, this concert was rife with problems. During our hour long soundcheck everything was going great.

Then, two min. before showtime, Cindy crashed in Jamkazam and had to set up a new Youtube stream. She posted the new URL on the old stream as a visual and in chat there. An amazing 25 folks managed to follow us into the new youtube link and we performed the concert starting only 15 min. late.

At the time, the concert sounded OK to us two performers, but in listening back to the youtube recording (that you can hear above, thanks to David Barnert) we realized that the transmission sound quality was very poor with continuous random distortion and artifacts. Our audience complained a bit about that in chat, but I like to think that our musicianship shone brightly through that dirty window and a grand time was had by all despite the audio problems.

Cindy not only plays autoharp but she loves digging her nerdy teeth into this kind of challenge. We are both working out our future plans with a tech overhaul that will hopefully lead to a better concert experience in the future. We hope to present our new and improved concert format, tentatively scheduled for Sunday, July 12 at 3:30 pm EDT (8 in the UK).

Wish us luck! There are a thousand ways to mess up.

Edited by Jody Kruskal
  • Like 1