Looking to buy beginner/intermediate 30b CG Anglo

LoganL

Hello All,

I'm finally looking to make the leap and buy my first concertina, unfortunately I live in the states. I want to buy a quality first instrument, unfortunately it seems like Wren 2s and Rochelles are fresh out of stock for a while. I'd be willing to go a little higher than that price for a better instrument if someone had an intermediate level instrument they were looking to part with. I just want to get one and start learning already!

Thanks,
Logan

Here are two reputable dealers in USA who show lower priced anglo concertina's in stock, but not the two you mentioned. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will comment on the likely quality of the available instruments.   

http://hmi.homewood.net/concertinas/#/view/ID1495904

http://www.smythesaccordioncenter.com/concertinas.html

Logan,  My name is Gary and I live in Missoula, Montana.  I have an Edgley 30 button anglo C/G that I would be willing to sell.  Frank Edgley is a Canadian maker and you can check out his website to view his products.  I bought this one about 3 years ago, but have since moved to a Kensington concertina.  Let me know if you are interested and would like more information about the Edgley.  I paid $2600 for it new, but would make you a much better deal on it now.  Cheers, Gary

Don’t know how much Gary is asking, but his Edgley is very nice and as I recall plays easily. So, depending on price could be a good deal that could last you a long time before you would need an upgrade.   They seem to hold their value pretty well too.  BTW,  good to see you on the forum Gary....

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2020 at 10:07 AM, Matt Naughton said:

I have a Wren 2 that's essentially brand new I'm willing to part with. Decided the concertina wasn't for me.

Not the OP and I just made a new account but I would absolutely be interested this if they don't take it. I'm waiting on my account to be approved but hopefully this reaches you.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 3:33 PM, Gary Janego said:

Logan,  My name is Gary and I live in Missoula, Montana.  I have an Edgley 30 button anglo C/G that I would be willing to sell.  Frank Edgley is a Canadian maker and you can check out his website to view his products.  I bought this one about 3 years ago, but have since moved to a Kensington concertina.  Let me know if you are interested and would like more information about the Edgley.  I paid $2600 for it new, but would make you a much better deal on it now.  Cheers, Gary

Gary - is your Edgley still available? I’d be interested if it is.