Sign in to follow this  
gcoover

The Lockdown Waltz

Posted (edited)

Hidden in Paul Hardy's excellent Greenshoots Coronavirus tune series is this lovely and most timely waltz from Bert de Cock:

We also have a contribution from Greenshoots member John McKenzie, who provides a recording of the Lockdown Waltz by Bert de Cock. Bert was asking for contributions for a virtual orchestra - see Bert's muzikids website, but we seem to have missed the deadline. It's still a nice tune, and John plays it solo slowly and then faster and adds the accompaniments. He also provides a version of the sheet music with chords added for the rhythm section.

Here's the original "orchestra" - amazing and heartwarming! 

Thanks to Paul, and John, and Bert!

Edited by gcoover
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, gcoover said:

Hidden in Paul Hardy's excellent Greenshoots Coronavirus tune series is this lovely and most timely waltz from Bert de Cock:

Thanks Gary - There is now a v2 of the PDF there now, correcting one wrong note in the previous version to match Bert's original score - the last note of the first line is a low G, not a low B as previous. If you play the previous version it would harmonise though! See Week 2 in https://pghardy.net/greenshoots/virtual/ to download v2.

I decided to have a go at this tune, and I finally recorded myself playing it over the lunch hour today. Here it is on my 30-button anglo:

• Like 3

Lovely!

And on a square Herrington?

Gary

4 minutes ago, gcoover said:

Lovely!

And on a square Herrington?

Thanks! Yes, it is a square Herrington.

• Like 1