The Lockdown Waltz

gcoover

Hidden in Paul Hardy's excellent Greenshoots Coronavirus tune series is this lovely and most timely waltz from Bert de Cock:

We also have a contribution from Greenshoots member John McKenzie, who provides a recording of the Lockdown Waltz by Bert de Cock. Bert was asking for contributions for a virtual orchestra - see Bert's muzikids website, but we seem to have missed the deadline. It's still a nice tune, and John plays it solo slowly and then faster and adds the accompaniments. He also provides a version of the sheet music with chords added for the rhythm section.

Here's the original "orchestra" - amazing and heartwarming! 

Thanks to Paul, and John, and Bert!

Edited by gcoover
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, gcoover said:

Hidden in Paul Hardy's excellent Greenshoots Coronavirus tune series is this lovely and most timely waltz from Bert de Cock:

Thanks Gary - There is now a v2 of the PDF there now, correcting one wrong note in the previous version to match Bert's original score - the last note of the first line is a low G, not a low B as previous. If you play the previous version it would harmonise though! See Week 2 in https://pghardy.net/greenshoots/virtual/ to download v2.

• 8 months later...
On 4/21/2020 at 3:56 AM, schult said:

I decided to have a go at this tune, and I finally recorded myself playing it over the lunch hour today. Here it is on my 30-button anglo:

Thank you Steven for your rendition. 
I tried it, and I love it!

• Like 4