Dancing With Ma Baby

Graeme

Hi everybody

Brand new to this forum. I started playing the English Concertina about 30 years ago.

Life overtook and I have not picked up my Concertina for may years. I want to restart

but my favourite music book is lost. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of 

Dancing with Ma baby ? I think there may be a few versions, this one has "Come back to Sorrento"

as the first arrangement.

Many thanks for your help

Graeme

I spent some time looking into this just for curiosity's sake.  Google, Bing and a few other search tools were employed along the way.

It appears the publisher no longer has copies, I ran across a comment elsewhere the said the publisher reported it to be long out of print.  I'm not entirely certain the publisher is still in business anyway.  I also ran across a past reference to a copy being sold on eBay, but that was not a current offering.

A search of this forum reveals that a copy was offered up for sale and another forum member apparently purchased it.  I don't want to name the buyer here, but suggest you do your own search on the forum for reference to that book and when you identify the buyer, reach out to him with a personal message.  Perhaps you can strike some sort of deal.

FYI, for this and any tune books that are unfortunately out-of-print, Rollston Press would be happy to make them available again assuming the rights can be obtained. Anything after 1924 will be under copyright so it is important to respect that and work with the copyright holder (assuming they can be located).

In addition to the Anglo concertina books, Rollston has republished a previously out-of-print and out-of-copyright book about the Pearl Harbor submarine attack (not just airplanes!), and are about to release a paperback reprint of Kenichi Horie's account of his solo sail across the Pacific.

For "Dancing With Ma Baby", it looks like Phil Hopkinson has recently passed away, but maybe there's someone in his family or someone associated with Dragonfly Music who could be contacted?

Please PM me with any information and/or contacts you might have about this or any other "lost" books and let's try to bring them back to life in paperback and Kindle.

Gary

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

If no copy has turned up, I have one that I'd happily part with. I got it when it first came out, tried (and failed) to play the tunes with arrangements and put the book in a cupboard. If I haven't tried again in 26 years I probably never will. Just let me know where to send it and I'll drop it in the post.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 10:13 AM, LesJessop said:

If no copy has turned up, I have one that I'd happily part with. I got it when it first came out, tried (and failed) to play the tunes with arrangements and put the book in a cupboard. If I haven't tried again in 26 years I probably never will. Just let me know where to send it and I'll drop it in the post.

Did someone take you up on this or can I buy it off you?

On 3/24/2020 at 4:00 AM, Jody Kruskal said:

Seems to be as a slower version, with added part, appears on 'Springtime in Battersea'  LP (Freereed Record FR 008) Side 2 Track 1. (Unknown Scottiche ?) played by Tommy Williams.

Geoff.

Edited by Geoffrey Crabb