Sign in to follow this  
Bassconcertina.net

Bass and piccolo concertina playing

5 hours ago, Bassconcertina.net said:

Hi, on this page everybody can show there skill By playing on there piccolo and bass concertinas.

How about some examples from yourself?

I could submit some examples with my bass, but not immediately, since I have much else to do as I recover from a series of major computer problems.

And I don't have a piccolo, but how about if I played some things on a treble an octave or two higher than what most folks would consider "normal"?  (Same problem with delays.)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JimLucas said:

How about some examples from yourself

As I said I don’t have either. but I did play my treble on the video above, and the kid in the video is me, I’m just an 11 year old kid I’ve been playing concertina for 1 year. But I have been playing accordion since I was 4.😋

Edited by Bassconcertina.net

Sorry, no music, but a nice picture from my good old days - featuring Juliette Daum on the bass-baritone and myself on the piccolo...

Duett.jpg.3868c1908c0b8915c92408ff61e983e5.jpg

9 hours ago, Robin Harrison said:

I don't think the Dipper is a real bass, should be called a baritone, but that's what Colin calls it. It's hand-full to play.

They're baritone in range, but designed to sound very bassy on the lowest reeds - I'm very familiar with the innards of the two that Cormac Begley has.

I'm also very familiar with his Lachenal piccolo, which I got playing much better for him last year.