WTB Lower pitched anglo

Tazzy

Hello,

I am big fan of Cormac’s playing and am looking for lower pitched anglo. I have just missed the opportunity to buy an Ab/Eb :-(, which would be great for playing in Bb and Eb (playing D tunes with G fingering -> octave down) and would go well with the flute in respective key. I might be interested in G/D or baritone C/G too, which will be more suited for common session playing in D. Please PM me if there is any instrument you might have for sale (though I only can afford one). Looking for an instrument with concertina reeds, with at least 30keys.

Thanks, Tomas

Thanks for heads-up, my main instrument is Jeffries, so am thinking of similar "end" (Jeffries, pre-ww2 Wheatstone, Suttner, Dipper etc.), though Lachenal would do for baritone. I will keep an eye on this one, but will wait what else comes up for sale. I hope there are some people who wanted to try lower sounding instrument, but decided to stick with C/G then.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am also interested in a baritone anglo C-G with concertina reeds.  These seem hard to find.  The Dipper website lists the option for a new instrument and Morse makes a baritone with accordian reeds.  Has anyonefound others?  

• 1 month later...
Just now, LateToTheGame said:

I think a person I used to play with had a Carroll baritone.  I am completely out of touch with them and no longer have contact info, but I think I am remembering this correctly.

This may be wrong.  As it may have been another maker, but it doesn't hurt of ask...

18 hours ago, doodle said:

Theo Gibb has Ab/Eb  38 button Lachenal  

theboxplace.co.uk/product/lachenal-38-abeb/  

Any help?

Nice, better quality Lachenal, but it's not a Jeffries!

I do have a 30 key Jeffries in for repair that is pitched between AbEb and AE, but I'm not sure if the owner wants to sell.