Jump to content
accordian

looking for a duet macann duet

Recommended Posts

hello.

 

i'm looking for a duet concertina with 12 sides and around 60 or more notes with some lower notes and a decent range eg. right hand starting from middle c and left being lower. not looking to spend millions. send me a message if you think you got something i'd be interested in.

 

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, accordian said:

'm looking for a duet concertina with 12 sides and....

 

I'm curious as to why you consider the number of sides to be important.  That would seem to limit you to Lachenal Edeophones and exclude not only all Wheatstones and Crabbs, but even Lachenal New Models, which in my experience are quite as good as Edeophones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JimLucas said:

 

I'm curious as to why you consider the number of sides to be important.  That would seem to limit you to Lachenal Edeophones and exclude not only all Wheatstones and Crabbs, but even Lachenal New Models, which in my experience are quite as good as Edeophones.

well as stupid as it sounds especially give the rarity of concertina's compared to other instruments I like the aesthetic of it. that being said if you think you'd have anything of interest to me offer away :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlucky, 2 edeophones duet 63 keys got sold recently on ebay uk, I got one of them but I don’t plan to sell it, however keep an eye on ebay and auction houses. Duets are getting so popular nowadays which is good. The big Æolas are quite common as well. You might wanna contact the dealers, they should have something. 

Edited by rcr27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rcr27 said:

Unlucky, 2 edeophones duet 63 keys got sold recently on ebay uk, I got one of them but I got don’t plan to sell it, however keep an eye on ebay and auction houses. Duets are getting so popular nowadays which is good. The big Æolas are quite common as well. You might wanna contact the dealers, they should have something. 

thanks for the info :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, accordian said:

that being said if you think you'd have anything of interest to me offer away

 

Sorry about that.  Nothing to offer at the present time.  The one that I have which "comes close" to your desires is a New Model which needs work and which I have no desire to part with.

 

Good luck to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JimLucas said:

 

Sorry about that.  Nothing to offer at the present time.  The one that I have which "comes close" to your desires is a New Model which needs work and which I have no desire to part with.

 

Good luck to you.

fair enough. thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I happen to have two 72 key McCanns. One is a Lachenal new model the other a 72 key Wheatstone Aeola alloy ends , you can phone me on 01728 768128 and should I be out please leave a message.

Regards. 

Mike Acott.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whereabouts do you live?
 

I have a 69 button (plus air) ebony ended Aeola for sale.
 

The right hand starts from the G below middle C. in my view, this is preferable as it provides a better usable range before getting into the squeaky high notes that don’t fit the McCann pattern. The left hand goes from a low F to the C above middle C.

 

Steve

C93E234B-7F0B-4813-BF37-2AF8C9949181.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...