Scandinavian Squeeze-In 2020

This should have been posted this months ago, when I updated our web site, but apparently not.  Well, here it is, and I hope not too late for those who are interested.

(I also sent out Invitation emails, and I'm currently doing a separate round of individual emails to those from whom I haven't received replies, because I've been having problems with "disappearing" emails, and I've found that several folks never received the earlier mailing.)

I can also receive replies, questions, and booking requests via the PM facility here on concertina.net.

Scandinavian Squeeze-In

CANCELLED

(due to coronavirus restrictions)

April 24-26, 2020

the next one will be April 23-25, 2021

(last weekend in April)

This will be our 21st annual SSI.

Not a school nor a festival, but a weekend of squeezers

sharing with and learning from each other.

Once again in the main scout house at Gamlegård, in Torna Hällestad, Skåne (southern Sweden). All squeezers and would-be squeezers are invited. (In fact, non-squeezers and even non-musician accompanying persons are welcome if they don't mind our obsession.)

Please see our web site -- http://www.nonce.dk/SSI/ -- for much more information,
including and especially the pages
What We Do and Practical Details

You can book your place now.

--------

Edited by JimLucas
event cancelled

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2020 at 2:51 PM, Susanne said:

I hope you received my e-mail. I have all my flights and stuff booked.. looking forward to the SSI. 

Looking forward to seeing you again, as well as other old friends and at least a couple of "new" ones.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if there is anyone who lives in the area (Pontus, Hasse, others?) or someone with extra space in the car who could bring a guitar that I could use during the weekend? 

For this year's SSI I had planned to be brilliant, after a year in Ireland with weekly sessions, and I'm definitely better than I was last year. But there's also the fact that SSI happens 1,5 month after I've attended Noel Hill's concertina week and I may still be totally confused with new techniques and fingerings. Most likely I will have changed some of my ways of playing and handling the instrument which means that it's possible I'll still be fumbling a bit and not caught up with my tunes using my new brilliant knowledge. Any concert pieces will likely be singing related (or with the fabulous string trio) and a guitar would be highly appreciated if possible.

That being said, after starting guitar lessons I caught up quite fast with my songs so that may happen with the concertina too. :)

• 4 weeks later...

SSI 2020 is cancelled

It is with great regret that I have to announce the cancellation of SSI 2020, the Scandinavian Squeeze-In which would have been our 21st annual gathering.

The reason should surprise no one; it's the fallout from the coronavirus pandemic.

Borders are closed.  Transportation is disrupted.  Gatherings of more than 10 people -- and that would include us -- are forbidden.  That situation is unlikely to change before the scheduled dates of our Squeeze-In.  And even if it did, the way the virus spreads would leave me fearful that our gathering could contribute to the spread.

Those who have already booked flights, I hope you can get refunds.

There's no point in simply postponing the SSI.  Once the various restrictions are lifted, all sorts of other events that had to close will be returning to compete for participants' schedules.

Instead, I am now planning for SSI 2021, which will be held -- "as always" -- on the last full weekend of April, i.e., April 23-25, 2021.

I hope that I will see some of you there... and maybe even before then.

In the meantime, I hope you will all remain healthy.

Sincerely,

Jim Lucas

Edited by JimLucas

On 2/21/2020 at 4:28 PM, Susanne said:

I wonder if there is anyone who lives in the area (Pontus, Hasse, others?) or someone with extra space in the car who could bring a guitar that I could use during the weekend? 

Strange.  Your post never appeared in my "Unread Content", or I would have told you that I could bring a guitar.  Irrelevant now, since this year's SSI is cancelled, which you already know.

Let's see what next year brings.  If you still want a guitar then, I should be able to bring one.  8^)