Sign in to follow this  
SteveS

Recovering Accordion Players Society

Is such a society required for concertina players.....

83059919_2277796875851907_2047256063547277312_n.jpg.c31b8855983b73bae7c31f7081a7650c.jpg

Edited by SteveS

Does the humane and discreet treatment include learning the concertina? ?

Alas, recovery requires the desire to change, or at least the conviction that such change could be possible or desirable.  I'm afraid such a program would lack for qualified candidates. 

4 hours ago, W3DW said:

Alas, recovery requires the desire to change, or at least the conviction that such change could be possible or desirable.  I'm afraid such a program would lack for qualified candidates. 

I'm not sure the advert is directed toward the players themselves.  More likely toward those (too) close to them

8 hours ago, JimLucas said:

I'm not sure the advert is directed toward the players themselves.  More likely toward those (too) close to them

<pedant on>

No, I think it's the players. The name of the society is 'The Recovering Accordion Players Society'.

<pedant off>

The relevant Wikipedia page advises:

...Treat these poor afflicted people with respect and understanding, for they are in the grip of a serious affliction...

I expect most of you know, but Ankh-Morpork was an invention of Sir Terry Pratchett.

In 2002 Wincanton in Somerset, UK was officially twinned with Ankh-Morpork. There is a shop there called Discworld Emporium . One house further up from the shop used to have a melodeon displayed in its front windows, so I wonder if there was any connection between that and the SteveS original thread post.

On re-covering accordion players:  You can dress 'em up, but you can't take 'em anywhere.