Geoffrey Crabb English

John Adey

For sale, English concertina made by Geoffrey Crabb.

This instrument was made by Geoff in 2007 and he agreed to sell it to me in 2017; it had had minimal use in the intervening 10 years.

The layout is shown in Geoff’s original diagram - photograph attached. Many will find the added F and F sharp in the lower register particularly useful.

I am selling because it is not being played. I bought it specifically as a band instrument - for use in the two Ceilidh band I used to belong to, and which I left because of health reasons, a short time after purchasing. Hence it hasn’t had a lot of use during my ownership either.

It has fittings for wrist straps (fittings and straps included)  because I have arthritic thumb joints and the effectively new bellows were still on the stiff side when I got it; they’re now much freer. The fittings and straps were done by Colin Dipper because Geoff was unwell at the time.

I’m looking for £3,900 for this unique instrument. A contribution will be made to concertina net if sold.

I’m happy to suggestions about a trade for a top quality wooden ended tenor treble or possibly treble.

LSide.jpg

RSide.jpg

LabelSN.jpg

LabelCrabb.jpg

bellows.jpg

Lreed.jpg

Rreed.jpg

case.jpg

Cert.jpg

layout.jpg

Edited by John Adey
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, John Adey said:

Many will find the added F and F sharp in the lower register particularly useful.

indeed! added a low F to all my treble ECs which are tuned to equal temperament - but would love to have the F# too - always a tough choice, same is true for the TT layout, where I opted for the B, thus lacking the Bb, hence the opposite solution.

Good luck with the sale! ?

Edited by Wolf Molkentin
typo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...