Wanted Beginners Anglo

otsaku

Anyone have a cheapish anglo they would be willing to part with?

After just over a month playing the jackie and having just bought ( fingers-crossed ) a lachenal 48 key english, I'm wanting to start playing anglo before I get too entrenched with the english.

So if anyone has a good beginners instrument gathering dust get in touch please.

C/G or G/D

thanks.

Anyone have a cheapish anglo they would be willing to part with?

After just over a month playing the jackie and having just bought ( fingers-crossed ) a lachenal 48 key english, I'm wanting to start playing anglo before I get too entrenched with the english.

So if anyone has a good beginners instrument gathering dust get in touch please.

C/G or G/D

thanks.

Hi otsaku

As a total beginner myself, having just purchased a Jackie which arrived 3 days ago, I was wondering why you have decided to change from the English to the Anglo?

(Hope this isn't a stupid question!!) :lol:

I'm not switching - I'm expanding :)

I'm in love with my jackie and don't see myself ever letting it go.

I bought the lachenal 48 because of the extra notes - originally I couldn't see the need for more than the 30 keys on the jackie because the tunes I was going to learn are the same as the ones I play on the tin whistle. And the tunes that baffls me on the whistle tend to be anything with a note lower than the lowest note on the whistle.

Jim Lucas warned me I'd be meeting tunes needing a higher range than the jackie... lo and behold I started running into them a few days later. I got tired of transposing tunes - I only recently started reading music...

As for getting an anglo its meant as an addition, something else to ( learn to ) play.

I'm also planning one day in the future when I'm rich on getting a baritone english and when I'm very very very rich a duet.

I've got the concertina bug. :rolleyes:

I'm in love with my jackie and don't see myself ever letting it go.

... getting an anglo its meant as an addition, something else to ( learn to ) play.

I'm also planning one day in the future when I'm rich on getting a baritone english and when I'm very very very rich a duet.

I've got the concertina bug.  :rolleyes:

Nurse ! It looks like we have yet another case of Concertina Obsessive Acquisition Disorder on our hands, sounds like a bad one too, it's got all the symptoms.

Must be highly contagious ? :unsure:

That's what you get for visiting here :P

When I first came here all I wanted was a new toy.

You people with your fancy jeffries, crabbs, cross fingered, along the rows behind the head, english anglo duet, custom prototype, metal godzilla vs woodend godzilla, aboriginal bellows folds, irish madtrad, classical, seashanty all singing, all dancing morris germs got me infected.

Peer pressure my tartan arse :P

JUST SAY NO!