Kettle Bridge Clogs

Kettle Bridge Clogs are a North West style ladies dance side based in Maidstone, Kent. After 17 enjoyable years as one of their musicians, this has now come to an end. The side has been running for a total of 35 years.

With falling membership over a number of years, and no new recruits coming in, despite tremendous efforts, the remaining dancers have regretably concluded that it is not feasible to continue.

We had our final public outing in September as part of the Hop Hoodening service in Canterbury. Last night we rounded off the year with a fabulous Christmas dinner.

We know we are not the only side to close in recent years in similar circumstances,  but it is a sad day.

Thanks to all the members who have encouraged me over the years, and to all those who have said kind words about us when seeing our peformances.

- John Wild.

Edited by John Wild
edited for typing error.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, maccannic said:

Hopefully Kettle Bridge Concertinas are still going strong.

Yes.  Kettle Bridge Concertinas began with several members of the dance side getting together,  but has developed as a separate unit. More of the dancers have joined as beginners on the concertina.

- John Wild.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 1:55 PM, Jim Besser said:

Sorry to hear this.

I played with two Northwest sides over the years, and both met the same fate. It's always sad when the dancing ends.

I too played for one women's (definitely not ladies') NW morris side, but that fizzled out many years ago, because not only the numbers but the enthusiasm and the quality of the dancing were declining. Sorry to say, nowadays I don't squeeze as much as I used to, but I haven't stopped.