Sign in to follow this  
Don Taylor

Concertina.net is preventing my Win 10 system from going to sleep

I have recently noticed that my Windows 10 computer no longer goes to sleep at night.  A bit of investigation reveals that it is my Firefox browser that is preventing sleep, more specifically it is an open tab for concertina.net that seems to be the culprit.

A couple of screen shots.

The first one shows my system with Firefox running and no concertina.net tab:

image.png.6edd22ae75f6f30c57b6ad6726da6123.png

and the computer will happily go to sleep.

When I open a tab with concertina.net, I get the following:

image.png.ccd9d5e051cccf0d748ea24bb60f5d35.png

Concertina.net has opened an audio stream which keeps my computer wake at night, but no audio is being played.

Can anything be done about this?

Thx.  Don.

Added:  Running an ad-blocker does not help so it appears to be the forum code that is requesting an audio stream.  And no, I do not normally run an ad-blocker against concertina.net.

Edited by Don Taylor

Don, I've (silently) followed your advice on computing related matters in the past, and very useful it's been.

Thank you for the heads-up here.

To clarify, do you think the problem is caused by having concertina.net bookmarked in my browser(s) (I use

Chrome and Firefox with about equal frequency), or is it caused by leaving myself logged-in to concertina.net

on a 'permanent' basis?

Thank you.

Roger

PS: So far I've been unable to reproduce the dialogues you show in your screen-shots because I need administrator

privileges - which I do not seem to have, despite the fact that it's my machine...😕

Edited by lachenal74693

I can confirm the powercfg results; a different "device" (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0288&SUBSYS_10EC0191&REV_1000\4&dcc60be&0&0001)
An audio stream is currently in use, but the same result. I don't Sleep, so can't verify that.