30 button D/G Anglo, Norman/Gremlin from 1981

Robin Madge

I am selling my D/G 30 button Norman/Gremlin anglo.

It is on eBay at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264555415337.

Their are several photos there including one showing Andrew's signature and date.

The instrument is in Wheatstone/Lachenal layout and has the Saxon design of end plate that Andrew still uses on his logo. Gremlin is stamped on both metal end plates, but only shows at one end as they are the same stamping flipped over for the two ends! Some of the sets of reeds for these concertinas were supplied by Hohner and some from Italy. As the instrument was sold to me by Oakwood as a "Romani" I suspect the latter could well be the case for this one. It has one different end bolt, which looks like a Lachenal original, for some reason.

This is an accordion reeded instrument with the reeds in pairs in each chamber, see photos.

I purchased this after my main instrument was stolen, happily recovered within a year. Since then it has seen occasional use when I wanted to use a lighter instrument, although I prefer the 40 button layout of my main instrument. 
There are velcro patches attached which are for use with Microvox microphones. I can report that the instrument works well with the sound channeled through guitar footpedals as well.

A video of the concertina being played is viewable at 

, Liberty Bell by Sousa arranged and transposed for D/G Anglo by myself.

There has been some discussion about these instruments here before that might give you more background to them.

Robin Madge.

• 2 weeks later...