Paul Hardy's Xmas Tunebook 2019

Paul_Hardy

I've just released the 2019 edition of Paul Hardy's Xmas Tunebook. See http://www.pghardy.net/concertina/tunebooks/. It has the same 60 carols and Christmas tunes as the previous 2012 edition, but has had a total overhaul and simplification of the included guitar chord suggestions (input from a family of music teachers!). I've also sorted a couple of cases of tunes which had  bad bar alignment due to anacrusis confusion, and made various other layout improvements. So if you are using a downloaded version of the 2012 , e.g. on a tablet) it's a good idea to update to the new version.

It's free for download as PDF for printing off (including a version with a gutter for easier binding), or increasingly for people to use in tablets like iPads. You can also download for free the ABC file and use a program to play along with - I have a page on Playing ABC.

Alternatively, from the link above you can order a printed and nicely bound (can fold right back) copy from Lulu.com for £4+pp.

Happy squeezing,

6 hours ago, Paul_Hardy said:

...I have a page on Playing ABC...

Thank you for the updated Xmas Tune book - I'll be downloading it in a couple of minutes.

Meantime, a quick comment on the Playing ABC page: The link to EasyABC is a little outdated. The

version accessible via NL's page is rather old. The program is now being maintained and updated by

users jwdejong and sshlien on SourceForge. It is available here.

From memory, the current version is 1.3.7.7, as opposed to the last version on NL's site which is 1.3.5.

Roger

2 minutes later: Ah, I now see a link to SourceForge when I look at the Xmas tune book link.

Edited by lachenal74693