Dipper 10 sided EC.

Geoff Wooff

Heads  up for  an auction  on the  19th November  in Sidmouth UK.

www.potburysauctions.co.uk 

A  Dipper EC  .  Looks like a 48  Tenor.  Amboyna  veneered   10  sided  ends...  catalogues  will be out soon.

Edited by Geoff Wooff
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, John Wild said:

Bidders need to remember the hammer price does not include the auctioneer's mark up nor VAT.

VAT at 20% is calculated on the total price including the markup.

I  think  you'll find that the VAT is  only charged on the  auctioneer's commission  not on the  sale price + commission.

The description appears on the site appears taken from what is perhaps the maker's description or a bill of sale (or similar), my italics:

'Colin Dipper forty-eight button 'English' system concertina tenor (viola range) with top note F and the top notes of the normal 48 keys are located at the bottom. Ten-sided amboyna wood on hardwood core with hand cut fret and ebony edges. Aircraft aluminium action levers, naval brass capped lightweight buttons, best handmade steel reeds in brass frames, ebony finger plates. It has dark green Scottish hand finished goatskin bellows and was made in the 1980s. It comes with a hard carrying case.'

If I understand this correctly, then this is a custom layout - and a little unusual - I am taking this as the bottom 4 buttons on each side playing the four notes usually found at the top of each keyboard. Am I missing something here, not seen this before, but can see it has some utility??

29 minutes ago, Myrtle's cook said:

The description appears on the site appears taken from what is perhaps the maker's description or a bill of sale (or similar)

Yes, the description has been revised and approved by the maker, following a discussion on facebook...

Edited by Wolf Molkentin

27 minutes ago, Myrtle's cook said:

If I understand this correctly, then this is a custom layout - and a little unusual - I am taking this as the bottom 4 buttons on each side playing the four notes usually found at the top of each keyboard. Am I missing something here, not seen this before, but can see it has some utility??

Probably  easier  to  think of it  as  the  bottom  48 notes  of  a Tenor Treble.  So  the lowest  note  on the right hand side  will  be  C  an octave below  Middle C.

Wim Wakker also  offers  this layout  on his  new  EC's  and calls it  Tenor .

I suspect, for many of us,  this  could  be  an ideal  range,  certainly the majority of music I play  will  fit  nicely.

Edited by Geoff Wooff