Real Pirates with Real Concertinas!

Yes.  I had my earphones plugged in and didn't notice. HaHa.  This reminded me of an old  Lawrence Welk show my local PBS station aired recently.  It was in their black and white days. The theme was "France" and the fellow who usually plays the accordion was playing a very passable French tune on a 30 button anglo while strolling around the stage. The skill set is not an easy transfer so he put the time in to learn it.   I have no idea why those connected in my head, but it is nice to see.  I am constantly asked, "What's that?"  When I play.

HaHa, They are asking about  that little wooden accordion I am playing.   I have also been asked, "Is that a clarinet?" after playing the wooden flute. (Which I am much better at having put in a few more decades.)  There is something attention getting about the concertina though.  I have sat in sessions playing flute well alongside very good players in a crowded bar, only to have the group as a whole more or less ignored. But I've pulled out the concertina and run through a rather dodgy set of Comb Your Hair and Curl It and The Foxhunters played as hop jigs, while my session mates were hitting them as slip jigs only to get everyone to stop dead in their tracks and reward us with a round of applause.