1870 CONCERTINA Lachenal Excelsior 48 Key Anglo In Concert Pitch fully restored READY TO PLAY

Neil Cameron

A Lachenal Excelsior forty eight Key Anglo Concertina In Concert Pitch. It is fully restored and Ready to Play, It has rosewood fretwork ends original bellows and the number dates this beautiful concertina to eighteen seventy!
Comes with original case that has also had some restoration.

z4.JPG

z6.JPG

Someone on melodeon.net has pointed out that the same concertina is apparently being offered on Gumtree by "Gillian".   

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-instruments/1870-concertina-lachenal-excelsior-48-key-anglo-in-concert-pitch-fully-restored-ready-to-play/1354953608

The OP in this thread is a new member with no profile.  This may be entirely genuine, but they don't appear to know much about concertinas.

16 minutes ago, hjcjones said:

Someone on melodeon.net has pointed out that the same concertina is apparently

being offered on Gumtree by "Gillian"...

Yes, I didn't clock the fact that it was the same instrument till after my post here...

"Someone on melodeon.net has pointed out that the same concertina is apparently being offered on Gumtree by "Gillian". 

The seller's name on Gumtree comes up as "Henrietta" when I click on the link above. Very strange.

12 hours ago, kenneads said:

"Someone on melodeon.net has pointed out that the same concertina is apparently being offered on Gumtree by "Gillian". 

The seller's name on Gumtree comes up as "Henrietta" when I click on the link above. Very strange.

Originally, it was 'Gillian', and came up with a supposed photograph of the vendor and a puff for the Prison Service.

Then it was changed - as you say - 'strange'.

I think that though the title has been changed to 'English' on GT, it's not possible to do that here?

Edited by lachenal74693

Neil, you need to understand there are a lot of scams around concertina sales, often using photos taken from a genuine sale, so people here are by default suspicious of any new advertisements which appear inconsistent or contain obvious errors, as this one does, and especially when posted by a new member who has provided no other information about themselves.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...