[WTB]Looking for a Duet Concertina

Lefruss

Hello, I want to try a duet concertina, but it is difficult to get an instrument.

I searched on the Internet but, these are very expensive.

So I am looking for A for beginners as cheap as possible.

I don't care about the system, because I'm about to begin.

I'm sorry for not being good at speaking English.

Edited by Lefruss

I would tend to think of Duet concertinas - vintage instruments, that is - as rather being less expensive than others - there have been smaller instruments offered for aroung 500 GBP over the last year, you just would have to search the usual places and be patient to some extent until the right instrument will emerge.

Best wishes - ?

P.S.: You might indicate an interest for a certain system in case you should have already made up your mind in this regard - your post migth work better as a "want to buy" advert then...

Hi Lefruss.  Like most things, it depends on how cheap you need to go.  Your cheapest Hayden will likely be a Stagi.  Your chepest Maccann will likely be a 39-key Lachenal.  Both will be under $1000, but your shipping will vary.

Isn't there a c.net member in Japan who plays Crane Duet?  Perhaps he might weigh in.

Here are a couple of links to a Concertina Connection Elise duet.

https://buttonbox.com/concertinas-in-stock.html#duet

http://www.concertinaconnection.com/elise.htm

I'm not the right person to ask about quality, but it is only $425 US and can be exchanged for a full purchase price trade in if you want to move up.

I can sell you a Stagi Hayden for US$850 plus cost of shipping from Hong Kong. It was set up by Button Box and sold new in  2010 for US$995. But the case is no longer available.

The instrument is in original condition. The Stagi Hayden implementation is not a full one, but it has most of the notes you need. It is still rather stiff to play. Not a great instrument, but ok for a beginner.

Discussion here: 

Thank you for answering. To tell the truth, someone told me, "I don't recommend Elise or Stagi. Look for a used one.".

That's why I was looking for a used Concertina, but if you don't mind, I will buy Elise or Stagi.

Edited by Lefruss

I have a 46B MacCann in my small library of concertinas waiting restorations.  It mainly just needs new bellows, but still will need other maintenance and tuning as the Restoration always uncovers.

Seth

Edited by Seth

3 hours ago, Lefruss said:

Thank you for answering. To tell the truth, someone told me, "I don't recommend Elise or Stagi. Look for a used one.".

That's why I was looking for a used Concertina, but if you don't mind, I will buy Elise or Stagi.

Fair enough. I have a 48 button MacCann from Lachenal dated 1896 available, restored and in modern concert pitch. But the price would be US$1,900.

(The date is on a badge on the concertina end showing the date that it was given as a prize.)

I may travel in Japan at the end of this year and if you are not too far and are interested to know more about or try the Hayden or Wicky keyboard duet concertina, just drop me a line at my email address: soloduetconcertina@gmail.com

I was living in Japan before and can speak japanese but can only read  or write it in romaji.

8 hours ago, soloduet said:

I may travel in Japan at the end of this year and if you are not too far and are interested to know more about or try the Hayden or Wicky keyboard duet concertina, just drop me a line at my email address: soloduetconcertina@gmail.com

I was living in Japan before and can speak japanese but can only read  or write it in romaji. 

Thank you for your message! I know you and, I have watched your video many times.

I am very happy with your suggestion, but I think it is difficult because I live in the countryside and I cannot go far because of being a student.