SOLD: 2 Lachenals - 55b Maccann and 48b Crane

saguaro_squeezer

I have 2 Lachenal concertinas that are now surplus to my needs that I'd like to offer.  They are good for beginner/intermediate players and priced so that they don't put a huge strain on you wallet.

55 button Maccann, SN 2046 c1900 (per Dowrite).  Steel reeds, rosewood ends, 6-fold bellows, baffels, wind key.  Recently gone through.  Concert pitch, plays well but could stand a touch tuning.  Comes with a padded gig bag and original wooden case and straps.  $1100.

48 button Crane, SN 3008 c1911(per Dowrite).  Steel reeds, rosewood ends, 6-fold bellows.  Recently gone through.  Concert pitch, plays well, sweet tone.  Comes with a padded gig bag.  $1100.

Both of these are good solid examples of Lachenals.  They are redundant to my Crabbs and so I'd rather pass them on to a player looking for a good, reasonably-priced instrument.

Buyer pays packing and shipping.

post-12428-0-29193300-1485705379.jpg

post-12428-0-54324900-1485705375.jpg

029large3.jpg

029large2.jpg

Edited by saguaro_squeezer

Hi - I'm a newbie concertina player but I've been playing irish trad for about 12 years now (mostly pipes flute and whistles) and recently added concertina to my music addiction.  : ) 

I am not very knowledgeable about concertinas, but Greg J. restored an antique (1900) 20 button Lachenal for me last year, and now I have progressed to the point where I am looking around for an upgrade. I love the Lachenal sound - my little box has steel reeds and is quite soulful, so your instruments interest me. I don't know a McMann from a Crane so I have no idea which one would suit me better?

My 20 button is C/G has what I suppose is "standard" button layout for C/G concertinas - so I'd like to keep with a button system that builds on what I already know. With that in mind I am not interested in a Duet system instrument. Can you advise which of your instruments would be a good fit for what I need. I am curious to know how a Crane differs from a McMann.

Guess I should also say that I'm a player who gravitates to pure-drop trad, but I'm looking an instrument that I can also play other genres of music on. 

Kind Regards,

Chris Deis (Indianapolis)

• saguaro_squeezer changed the title to SOLD: 2 Lachenals - 55b Maccann and 48b Crane