Lachenal Tuning Bellows on ETSY

saguaro_squeezer

Lachenal Tuning Bellows.  I've seen these on ETSY for a while and thought that they might be of interest to someone here.  Have heard of them but never seen a set until this one.  I have no relationship to the seller.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/677779475/lachenal-concertina-portable-sounding?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=concertina+instrument&ref=sr_gallery-1-29&organic_search_click=1

I wonder if the "value" of this item is not as a modern tool, but as an antique special item from the historic Lachenal factory.

This is probably the kind of tuning bellows, along with a test concertina, that the great Tommy Williams would have used when he was a freelance tuner for Lachenal,

as described in his famous interview and recordings, where he says they told him his tuning was too good.

While I would not pay $448 for it, especially with one reed plate missing, it is a genuine piece of concertina making history

that might be worth bidding something for.

RJ

You can buy the plates on this forum for 10£ and add them to your own bellows.

Bill has them laser-cut.  I just got some in the mail last week.

Seth

34E43A18-EA7E-4838-B267-4964A7C7CEE8.jpeg

Edited by Seth

Ridiculous price on ETSY. I have a Lachenal tuning bellows that I will sell for US$150 plus shipping. There are two types of Lachenal tuning bellows--single set of tuning slots and double sets of tuning slots. Mine has a single set of tuning slots. As someone indicated, they are very handy when doing some tweaking of an instrument. If interested, please send me a private message.