voyager

1 hour ago, mathhag said:

...I haven’t been able to find Easy Notes. Can you point me in the right direction 

Is this what you mean? It isn't easy to tell because the proprietors (with unusual modesty) don't

actually show any images of their product (unless they are in the video).

Alternatively, there is an extension to ABC called Easy Notes. It can be linked from here. It looks 

as if it might be a .fmt file which has to be specified at the head of an ABC file (or in an explicit

abcm2ps command)? I couldn't get it fly...

Hope that helps.

The way I produce the pdf music is quite simple,  I choose a tune from abc or other source,  turn the music into a midi file, then import into a US  composer program which I bought years ago and load the midi and manipulate the score, one option is to "show pitch in notedheads" it also allow me to resize the notes to whatever size I wish so I try to just fill an A4 page.

Print out as a PDF.

The company in the US closed after the early death of the designer some years ago,   but was later bought by a German Company, they still offer the program, but now can only support Windows, it does not appear to work on IOS any longer.  I can give you full details if you pm me I have the windows version and have no problem running with latest version of Win10

I would gladly give you a copy but the way it is set up a none transferable reg key, I cannot even move it from the computer it is on to a newer computer unless I pay for a extra licence.

Dave

1 hour ago, voyager said:

...I would gladly give you a copy but the way it is set up a none transferable reg key, I cannot even move it from the

computer it is on to a newer computer unless I pay for a extra licence.

I'm not sure if you're responding to mathag's question, or my response. However, in case you meant me...

Thank you, but not necessary - I was interested because at first sight, it looked as if you had got the ABC easynotes.fmt

extension to work (I'm 99% sure that this will produce the same sort of PDF as you are showing). I was more interested

in you (possibly) having got any of these .fmt extensions to work, because I have always failed miserably... ? Back to

the drawing board...? I'll get it working some time...

I see you're in Bolton - great market - far better  than Bury...?

Edited by lachenal74693

Mathahg & Lachenal

To try and answer both your comments I give below the exact method I have used.

I use Audacity to make a audio recording  playing my Lachenal 56 Button New Model Extended Treble English Conertina,  once I have done the recording  I "try"

to clean up the recording.  I then export that audio as a midi file.

I then use Notation Software Composer Version for Windows to turn the midi into a readable "normal" tune sheet, then use a facility to insert the

note key into the note-heads.  Then merely export finished file as a PDF.

For Lachenal we did have a great Market in Bolton until the council closed the bus station next to it (to sell the land) who would trust any politician.

Regards 

Dave

Thanks for the info. I may look at the software but it would have to run on my Windows laptop that I hardly ever use. 

I also looked ABC Easy Notes but could not really understand how to make it work. Many years ago I probably could have. Too bad someone doesn’t make an app to do this. I only use ABC notation but I think this would slowly have me reading music.

On 9/13/2019 at 12:20 PM, voyager said:

...To try and answer both your comments I give below the exact method I have used....

I'm well impressed with that! I don't have the kit to record myself though...

FWIW, I finally got the ABC extension which adds note names to the note heads to work - after a few false starts. It's

pretty cool, the score is well laid out and very much like what's been posted here. It's all a bit of a guddle though, and

involves working in the command prompt window, and using abcm2ps explicitly, then using a web-based Postscript to

PDF converter...

There appears to be a bugette in the easynote.fmt file, and the note names are incorrectly mapped to the actual note heads.

I don't 'understand' Postscript, but I was fairly quickly able to suss out a fix for this, to get the note heads correctly labelled.

I thought I had it working from within EasyABC but that has gone phut...?

Edited by lachenal74693