MP3 & DOTS

voyager

Hi I have just recorded at tune along with a PDF of the dots.  I posted a while ago Xmas Tunes 2

for new players with just the dots and now I am trying to get up to date so this is my first attempt any comments more than welcome 

so I can alter to suit I use the same dots as before Easy Notes.

Hope you like

Dave

Dark Island,.pdf

01- The Dark Island.mp3

Edited by voyager

I listened to the recording last night, and it sounded good.  The playing has a few hesitations, but overall very nice and clear.  The recording sounds as if resonating in a large empty room, which gives it a far away feeling, quite appropriate for this particular tune, although perhaps it might muddle other more bouncy tunes such as a fast jig.

The notation didn't appear to be correct.  The note pitches and the lengths were all just fine, but the bar lines were off by one crotchet. (1/4 note)   This tune ought to start with a pickup prior to the first full bar, so the first two quavers (1/8 notes) would be before the bar, with the downbeat of the full measure on the next note, and everything else shifts forward one 1/4 note to match.  I can't seem to open the .pdf today though, and see that your post was recently edited, so I don't know if that file has since been changed.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Ted for the comments,  sorry so taking so long to reply. I copied the abc and exported it into midi, I then ran it in another notation package.

The package came up with the layout you saw, so maybe it loses or gains something in exporting and importing.

Because of this I looked round the net for any other variations.  After visiting a number if sites I gave up at roughly 490 versions

plus a large number which used various different titles, the is even a "very loose" version which is used in The Patriot Games.

My main intention was to help new players especially those who cannot read the dots, all they want to do to start with is be able to play

a simple tune their friends and relatives can recognise. From Small Acorns etc.,

Regards

Dave

On 9/4/2019 at 10:12 AM, voyager said:

Hi I have just recorded at tune along with a PDF of the dots.  I posted a while ago Xmas Tunes 2

for new players with just the dots and now I am trying to get up to date so this is my first attempt any comments more than welcome 

so I can alter to suit I use the same dots as before Easy Notes.

Hope you like

Dave

Dark Island,.pdf

01- The Dark Island.mp3

Cant see your PDF or MP3 Bob

Hi Again

Hope this works the MP4 now included and the original PDF version which I note is not exactly what some people think it should be but in my last reply there are

far too many different versions.  Does it sound right listening, do the dots make the same tune.  Again this is starting point for beginners and people who do not read the dots

Here is the PDF        The Dark Island.pdf

Dave

The Dark Island.pdf

Edited by voyager